Thursday, June 30, 2016

"Did You Quit Blogging?"


It's a pretty legitimate question that I was asked by a friend on Instagram today. My last post was May 9th and before that my posting had gone from 3 times a week to very sporadic. My not so short answer to her was

"Maybe? Haha the last few months I've been really focused on getting my depression/anxiety under control and focusing on my overall health. And being completely honest, taking antidepressants medicine helps me so much but it KILLS any creativity I have. It's like I am not even capable of writing."

So there is the short/long answer. But here is the longer answer...

I enjoy blogging but it is a hobby. And it got to the point where it was one more thing I felt like I needed to do but wasn't doing well and it was adding to my anxiety and stress. So unintentionally I have let it go to the wayside while I have been focused on being present in my day-to-day life and managing my overall health. My antidepressants do stifle my creativity a little bit (not that I am complaining! I would take being uninspired but content over inspired and incredibly depressed any day). Also add the last couple of months Landry has dropped down from napping anywhere from 2-3 hours to averaging about an hour a day and I just haven't made blogging a priority.

My last couple months have looked like tons of play dates, time at the lake, naps when Landry naps, early bedtimes for me (talking 8:30pm), LOTS OF WATER, all the veggies and fruits, making my way through my pile of books, plants, plants and more plants, and putting lots of TLC into my house.

I feel the most grounded and content I have since having Landry to be honest. Maybe it is the antidepressants, maybe it is losing 30 pounds, maybe it is actually having friends in Morganton, or maybe it is the age Landry is. Whatever it is I am so happy with where my life is right now.

But I'm still here y'all on this little blog! I hope to slowly get back into blogging because honestly there are times I write things down or type it into a note on my phone that would be something I would have blogged. I do enjoy writing and I enjoy keeping track through a blog our family adventures and milestones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...