Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April Goals


Hey April! How you doing?? I know I know, I'm a little late on the goals for the month, but better late than never, right??

First a run down of my March goals and how they went...

1. Go for a walk/jog 3 times a week✖ When I made this goal I said it was totally doable, hahaha. I didn't do it! Like not at all. But we've been outside a ton more, I've chased Landry around like crazy, we've gone bike riding a few times, and for a couple of walks, and Daniel and I even played tennis for 15 minutes before Landry decided tennis was lame. So I did get more active but not in a walk/jog 3 times a week kind of way.

2. Read 3 books
✖ I read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and at the risk of blowing the internet's mind- I hated it. I did not enjoy it and really just felt Marie Kondo like had a problem she should see a therapist about. I felt so unmotivated to read after the disappointed of her book. I've gotten a third of the way through Simplicity Parenting and I'm really enjoying it. I just need to turn off Netflix and read. 

3. Invite someone over for dinner.
At the beginning of the month we had some friends over for pizza. Yeah the pizza was bought and we are outside, but it was still having people over for dinner. Plus Landry got to play with her best friend which is an extra win! 

4. Finalize my Spring Capsule Wardrobe
 I am done shopping for Spring. The clothes are pulled out of storage/bought and hung up (or laying all over my office floor).  I now I need to take pictures and share! 

I really thought about not doing any goals for April because our month is super hectic between Daniel going to Mexico for work and our DC vacation (this Thursday!!). 

Then I realized this busy month really calls for some goals in order to keep me focused and not let April slip away. 

1. Deep clean the house. That spring fever y'all! I just want to purge and clean!

2. Organize some activities for Landry. Honestly when we're home we have a lot of free play. Landry can pull out whatever toys she wants and sometimes she plays by herself, sometimes I play with her. I am really wanting to have a little more structure to our afternoons. 

3. Reconnect with Daniel. Parenthood is really going at reducing your marriage down to talking about your child and things that need to be done. Daniel and I have neglected the fun side of our marriage so I am hoping our Landry-free vacation to DC will help us reconnect and give us a jumpstart on learning to have fun together again. 

Not as many goals this month, but I think it is for the best with our busier month.

What are your goals for April?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...