Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March Goals


Here's a little recap of my February goals and how they went.

1. Start a Morning Routine✖ Landry decided 5am wake-ups seemed like a good idea again this past month so my wakeup time was inconsistent. And the days Landry did sleep until 6-something usually meant I slept too. I also think I am starting to realize that making myself wakeup before 6am when I don't have to is just not going to happen. I'm just not going to wake up before Landry and do an exercise routine, read a book, or have quiet time. If I could just start waking up 15-20 minutes before Landry so I could use the bathroom, brush my teeth, and start coffee without having to tend to her I think that would be good!

2. Take Landry to Kidsenses Children's Museum✓ Big check! Not only did we go but we went with friends which really makes it even better! Surprisingly the kids had more fun down the street at a local coffee shop. Getting out of town on little excursions is so nice!

3. Go Swimming. ✖ When I made this goal I had it in my head that I would go in the evening after Landry went to bed, or possibly even wake up early to go. Hahaha I'm crazy! I didn't go once. I still would love to go swimming but I just don't think it is going to happen right now with Daniel's work schedule and everything else we have going on.

4. Schedule My Massage✓ Scheduled and went! It was a nice experience and not as awkward as I thought it would be considering I am not crazy about being touched. However, it is not something I am dying to do again right away.

5. Go on a Date with Daniel✓ This one might be cheating a little but we did have dinner out with Daniel's boss and his wife without Landry. Not exactly what I had in mind for a date night but it was still nice to get a little dressed up and spend the evening with adults.

3 out of 5 isn't too bad considering I really didn't take a second glance at my goals after making them!  Overall I am pleased because February was a surprisingly good month considering usually this time of year I am going stir-crazy and hating life. So thumbs up for a positive February!

March Goals:

1. Go for a walk/jog 3 times a week. Initially I was going to be vague and say do physical activity for 30 minutes 3 times a week but I really need to pinpoint exactly what I am going to do to follow through. Spring is here (and better be staying) so going to our local greenway or walking in our neighborhood is totally doable 3 times a week.

2. Read 3 books. I read two books this past month which felt incredible. I haven't done that in awhile. I want to stretch myself to read 3 this month. I hope I can continue to make reading a priority because I really do enjoy it. Oh and the books I read last month were In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan and For the Love by Jen Hatmaker. I am currently reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne. I have Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott on hold at the library for my 3rd book.

3. Invite someone over for dinner. I am really trying to do better about reducing my anxiety surrounding people who aren't family coming to my house. I always worry my house isn't nice enough, the food I make not good enough, and just generally I'm not good enough. However, at the same time I feel so much happier when I open my home to others so I want to do better about having people over!

4. Finalize my Spring Capsule Wardrobe. Y'all I know Spring technically doesn't start till the 20th but March is spring to me! I am so excited about shorts, short sleeves, and dresses without tights!


What are your goals for March? Any book recommendations? 

4 comments:

  1. So glad Spring is almost here/here. It's supposed to reach 75 today!

    I started C25k this week and it's been nice getting out and being active. Jonathan loves watching the world go by too.

    Can't wait to see what you choose for your capsule wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Kassie! I've tried C25K a couple of times and never made it past the first week. I hope it is going better for you!

      Delete
  2. Yay for goals. They just make life feel more purposeful. My kids are older than yours so my goal for this month is to "be prepared" so we aren't always rushing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared is a great goal! I really love setting small goals every month because it really forces me to be a little more intentional with my time!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...