Monday, March 28, 2016

Machen Designs


Ok y'all, I have to admit something. I am not good at being crafty or making things. I will shop local and support all my friends but I definitely fall more on the consumer side of things than creator. So when my friend Virginia decided to open an etsy shop and sell her fantastic jewelry and jewelry displays I was so excited for her! Add in that she sent me the best package full of goodies and I am now hooked!

The name of Virginia's shop is Machen Designs. Now I am not an expert in German (but I love their beer) so I had to get the pronunciation explained to me. It is pronounced "mock-in" so now when you go around and tell your friends about this adorable etsy shop you will say it right. And machen means "to-make" in German. Virginia's family tree is rooted in Germany and she comes from a long line of creators, makers, and crafters. I love that she is paying homage to her ancestors with her shop's name! 

Now that you know a little more about Virginia's shop and how it came to be, let's take a look at some of the products she will be selling in her shop which opens this week on April 1st! 


First of all I want to say a little something about the packaging. It was perfect! I really think the attention to packaging can tell you a lot about an etsy shop and it's founder. Virginia takes the time to package her products beautifully. It really feels like you are receiving a package from a high-end boutique. Look at that stamped bag, swoon-worthy! And yes I certainly saved mine!


Since having Landry I have dialed it back on the jewelry front, but these earrings are perfect for the mom on the go. They are light-weight leather (I really forget I am wearing them) and instantly take a plain tee-shirt and jeans up a notch. It gives the illusion I actually put forth some effort into my look even which a maniac of a toddler, so obviously these are a must-have! The clasps also are great because these can't fall out randomly (which seems to happen to me frequently with non-stud earrings.

Also fun-tip for my essential oil loving friends, you can add a drop of essential oils to the back and it makes a perfect wearable diffuser. I've used peppermint specifically on them to help with headaches.


I think Landry likes this necklace as much as me! She also points to it and yells "ball, ball, ball" when I'm wearing it. It also makes a great distraction technique during church services (note: the necklace is sturdy enough to withstand toddler antics).

I don't know if Virginia did it on purpose but Landry's birth stone is ruby so the red bead in the nest is perfect for my little bird. I've received so many compliments when I wear this necklace!


I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud when I opened the jewelry holder Virginia made. In Landry's room she has a wall with teal mountains painted on it and this jewelry holder went perfectly with it! I love how Virginia really thought about what would coordinate and look good in Landry's room. Right now it is being used as a headband holder for Landry, but I know it will last through the years and transition into her jewelry holder (unless I steal it from her and claim it as my own!).

Like I said before Machen Designs Grand Opening is this Friday April 1st and word on the street is there will be an incredible Grand Opening Sale. If you want a sneak peak at some of the things Virginia is working on in preparation for her opening, hop on over to facebook and like her page. Or join the party over on instagram to stay update.

And don't worry, Friday I will definitely be reminding you her Grand Opening!


*this post is not sponsored. All opinions are 100% my own. I did receive the products featured for free, but I would have bought them with my own money too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...