Monday, December 28, 2015

Rest


I didn't plan on taking an almost 2 week break from blogging, but it was much needed. The holidays are great for spending time with family and loved ones, but it is also jammed pack with ALL THE THINGS and can quickly become overwhelming. In fact after arriving home from our sixth holiday gathering, I sat in the floor and cried because my little introverted heart was spent. I cried from exhaustion (lack of sleep with all the traveling and fun), a messy house, lack of routine, and all the gifts that needed to be put away. I know I know, it is very first world problems to have.

I know without a shadow of doubt that if I had tried to manage social media and blogging during this time I would have just lost it. My holidays were so much more enjoyable because I accepted the fact that I could not do it all. I decided to opt out of social media for a little while. I decided to not make a dessert for Christmas day. I decided to by store bought everything instead of cooking. And I was a happier person for it.

So today I want to remind you (and myself) that it is ok to step back sometimes. It is ok to decide that you might just need to "lean out". It is ok to say "I can't do it all right now". And it is more than ok to buy the damn store bought dessert.

I hope every one had a Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...