Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What I'm For


It's been a little while since my last What I'm For post and right now with all the pain and evil in the world I think it is important for us to focus on what we are for, instead of what we are against. I've decided to make this week my first ever link up because I would love to see what fellow bloggers are for (and for those of you who don't blog, please share in the comments a few things you are for this week).

Smiling at Strangers. Maybe it's slightly creepy, I know it can definitely catch people off guard. But I really believe in smiling at people you pass in the store, on the street, etc. If you happen to make eye contact why not give a little smile. It always makes me feel better to smile at other's and to have someone smile back at me.

Day of Rest. I am for taking the time you need. Some days you need to cancel the plans you have (even if they are just plans you made in your head to do today) and focus on taking care of yourself. time to recharge and refuel is so necessary.

Having a Pet. Ok this one might not be for everyone, but I really am for having pets. I grew up with chickens, goats, dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles, rabbits, ferrets, birds, etc. It taught me so much about caring for another living creature, it taught me about death and grieving. It taught me about life in watching our goats be born and the newborn kittens being taken care of by their mom. We now have two dogs and they have taught me so much about unconditional love and having fun. They have already taught Landry how to be gentle and kind. I just get the warm fuzzies talking about them!

Taking a Drive While Listening to Music. When life get's too much or I just have too many feels taking a drive and listening to music is my ultimate therapy. I cry, I scream, I laugh, I dance, and I feel understood. When I'm done I feel a little more centered and like everything will be ok.

Link-up below to share what your for this week!

4 comments:

  1. I found your post via writes like a girl and I love this idea. Sometimes I forget how important it is for a rest day. My husband cannot sit still and gives the appearance of always moving/being productive (even when he isn't doing anything) and I get the rest day guilt. Like, "I should be...." But you're right. It's a necessary part of life! I also love driving around and listening to music. I have a super short commute and forget the power of a drive full of music. Think I need to drive somewhere soon... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you wrote about having a pet--I totally agree with everything you said. :) Sometimes it is so hard to have a pet (especially when they are sick or when they die), but the pain is worth it when you experience so many years of joy. Pets are such amazing companions to go through life with; they will always be there for you, even when people are not!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to link up my post! Please let me know how to do it, the link you sent goes to the link up home page!

    Anyways here is my post! Thanks for the inspiration!! <3

    http://www.behindtheleopardglasses.com/2015/11/what-im-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do another link up because I want to participate! I found you through The Cutie Life, and I LOVE this idea of posting positive things you are for instead of ranting about what you're against. :)

    And YES to having a pet. I miss having a pet SO much -- I grew up in farm country, and we always had dogs and cats, but now that I'm married we live in a rental and they don't allow pets. It's so sad!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...