Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Vacation Capsule Wardrobe: Mountains


Can you have a capsule wardrobe inside of a capsule wardrobe? I say yes, absolutely! Another reason capsule wardrobes are awesome... packing for vacation is easier! Pretty much my entire closet mix and matches together so it made it really easy to plan out what I am going to wear on vacation. 

I am taking 3 pair of shoes, 2 button ups, 2 pairs of pants, 2 scarves, 1 sweater, 1 sweatshirt, 1 dress, 1 skirt, 1 jacket and 1 hat. From those items I can think of at least 12 different outfit combinations (not including different shoes being rotated). We are only going to be gone a week and I have so many different options without having a suitcase overflowing! 


*not pictured: 2 pairs of pjs, 2 active wear shirts, 2 active wear pants, 2 swimsuits and undergarments. 

I decided to also limit what I was taking for Landry. When we went to the beach this summer I took SO MUCH CLOTHES for Landry. It is easy with little one's clothes being so small to just stuff their suitcase full of so many clothes. But then it is a pain to go through and somethings just don't work together. 


*Not pictured- 4 pairs of pjs, 4 pairs of socks, 2 swimsuits, and one heavy jacket. 

Landry's capsule includes 4 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 sweaters, 2 long-sleeve tees, 2 short sleeve tees, 1 button up, 1 top, and 1 dress. I can think of over 15 different outfit options for her! I took a little extra for her because she is a toddler and even though she doesn't get as dirty when she eats as she use to I wanted to make sure we had enough between laundry loads.

We will have access to a washer and dryer while we are on vacation so I did not worry about having an excess amount of clothes for either of us. If we run out of clothes or something gets super dirty we can always wash it!

How do you pack clothes for vacation? Do you preplan outfits or just throw in some stuff and hope it works?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...