Thursday, October 8, 2015

Maiedae Mixer Recap


This past weekend I drove down to Rome, GA and attended the Maiedae Mixer Sunday Night. The Maiedae Mixer is put on by Jenny and Savannah of Maiedae and is a gathering of creative women in the southeast (there were people from other parts of the country too!); pretty much a fantastic girls' night! 

I had been a long-time reader of Maiedae and after meeting Jenny and Savannah at Texas Style Council I know I had to attend the Maiedae Mixer. It could not have come at a better time; this mama needed a little break. 

*Disclaimer: I apologize for the poor quality of pictures, I was so wrapped up in my time away that I did not pull out my real camera once, iPhone it was! I actually forgot to take a lot of pictures which is a sign of time well spent!

Sunday morning I got up bright and early (because that has been our life lately with Landry) and left all by my lonesome to drive down to Rome (a little under a 5 hour drive for me). Initially we had planned on making it a family affair but Daniel could not get off work so I decided to go by myself.

On my way down I made a pit spot outside of Atlanta to meet up with the amazing Indiana Adams! I read Indiana's blog for a long time and finally met her at Texas Style Council (it was her baby). It was so great to get to meet up with her and get to know her a little better. I also had my first trip to West Elm with her!



After meeting up with Indiana I finally headed to my hotel in Rome to check in and get ready for the evening. I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and I cannot recommend this place enough! It was right downtown and absolutely gorgeous. My room was huge with a full-size refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher. I loved the exposed brick wall in my room and they had huge towels in the bathroom that were fluffy!



The mixer itself was perfect- low-key but still nice and I felt pampered throughout the evening. As soon as we walked through the door we were handed champagne and greeted by a beautiful space. Don't even get me started on the food! It was absolutely delicious. Lovable foods catered and I could not complain one bit. The rosemary cornbread bites were out of this world, along with the blood! orange & wild honey roasted chicken! I had lavender lemonade to drink and now I am wanting to recreate it here at home.

We had a dessert buffet later in the evening filled with pies, cookies, and my personal favorite creme brûlée! We also had various wines at our disposal while we crafted and chatted.

Our craft for the evening was decorating a pot for our new succulents we got to take home. True story- I've recently killed a succulent. I thought I was ready for the responsibility of a plant because hey, I've kept a human alive for a year. But alas raising and child and caring for a plant do not compute. A child let's me know when it is hungry or thirsty, a plant does not.

I digress... I lack crafting abilities so my version of decorating my pot was writing on it "Please Water Me" and it now sits in my office. I am determined to keep this one alive! The more enjoyable part of crafting was getting to know some wonderful ladies more. Like the one below.

Kendra and I actually share a mutual friend Rachel (check out her shop!) who was suppose to come to the mixer but was unable to make it. It was great getting to know Kendra though! Thanks Rachel for bringing people together even from afar.



 Somehow I managed to NOT get a picture with these two ladies on my phone, but I do have a instafilm picture from the photobooth. Kristin goes to church with Indiana and she was the absolute sweetest girl in the world! She also has a fabulous etsy shop where she sells her hand-lettering work- The Hand Lettered Hare.  I am pretty sure I need to move down to Atlanta so I can spend more time with her and Indiana. They both love Taylor Swift so obviously I should become besties with them, right?

Also please note that I inadvertently matched the photobooth backdrop.


To add to the pampering every one received these KILLER swag bags. Look at all the goodies. I have been wanting this mug from Jenny's shop for awhile now so I am stoked to get the exact one I wanted. I also loved getting a candle from Savannah's new shop, December Morning smells amazing and is my new scent for my office! There was even a little something for the men in our life, Whistle Punk Men's Grooming Co Beard Oil. Daniel likes it a lot and it smells so manly! 


The bag itself was incredible! I am a huge Baggu fan as you can see by the Baggu backpack I also had with me. I also use this reusable bag, and this one so the leopard print duck bag was a perfect addition to my collection. 

Monday morning I was up bright and early, partially because of my loud neighbors, but also because our babysitter was a little under the weather so I needed to hit the road to get home to Landry. First I swung by Berry College to check it out. Everyone kept telling me to go see it but I really didn't expect a lot. It was gorgeous though! Such a big campus which beautiful buildings. It didn't hurt that it was the first day without rain in weeks. They had cows on campus and I drove by an open field and there was just a herd of unassuming deer. According to the campus map it is the largest college campus. Well done Berry College. 


I drove back through the mountains to see the trees changing colors. I love driving through the mountains of NC. Never thought one day I would prefer the mountains to the beach, but I do now!

My trip was only around 36 hours but it was a much needed break. If you follow me on social media you've heard my complaining about Landry's lack of sleep and early morning wakings. It had left me drained and completely depleted. This little break, a little bit of pampering really helped to fill my tank back up. I think it also helped Landry to have a break from me because since I've been home naps have improved and she is slowly sleeping in a little later. I cannot thank Jenny and Savannah enough for the Maiedae Mixer, it came at the perfect time!!

Outfit Details
Dress: Corner Clothing (Made in the USA) (similar)
Vest: Target (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Lane Bryant (similar)
Bracelets: Etsy & Alex and Ani

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...