Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Accessories Capsule

Oatmeal Infinity Scarf | Burgundy Hat | Grey Hat | Red & Black Scarf | Multi-Colored Plaid Scarf | Fossil Crossbody | Burnt Orange Infinity Scarf | Alex & Ani Tree of Life Bracelet | Kate Spade Bracelet | Landry Bracelet | Gold Dangle Earrings | Pearl Earrings | Silver Disc Studs | Gold Bar Studs | House of Harlow Studs | Silver Dangle Earrings | Carolina on My Mind Bracelet | Real or Not Real Bracelet |


Gold Fringe Tassel Necklace | Faux Snake Skin Necklace | Wood Leaf Necklace | The Giving Keys NecklaceNC Necklace | Silver Leaf Necklace | Wooden Bead Necklace (DIY) |

I decided to purge my accessories. I finally went through and sorted my scarves by season, put some in storage, and donated ones that no longer felt like me. I also went through my jewelry. Some pieces I sat to the side to be put away in my keepsake box, several pieces were donated, some stored for special occasions, and then the rest displayed for an easy grab when I'm getting ready.

As far as bags go I don't have a huge bag collection and I really hate switching out purses. I had been using a small metallic gold Kenneth Cole bucket bag for the summer but I've switched back to my tan fossil crossbody. I am still hoping to replace it eventually because it has seen it's better days. But I refuse to settle for a cheap replacement or something less than perfect so until I can afford what I want I will be holding on to my trusty fossil bag.

Y'all have seen my love of hats here and here so I naturally had to include them in my fall accessories capsule. They instantly fix a bad hair day and look like I put more effort into my outfit than I really did.

Before Landry I was way more into big dangly earrings but since having her I really prefer studs (cause I like keeping my earlobes intact). I included a couple of pairs of dangly earrings I wear on occasion to spruce up an outfit.

I love little cuff bracelets. They are great for feeling more put together and also most of mine are really sentimental. My gold cuff says "Landry" (self explanatory) and my two silver ones say "Carolina On My Mind" and "Real or Not Real" (Hunger Games reference). Daniel has gotten them all for me which makes them extra special.

Of course my Giving Keys necklace had to be included along with a couple of statement necklaces for when I am feeling a little more adventuresome!

Overall, condensing down my accessories was a lot more difficult than clothes. But I really didn't utilize a lot of them so it needed to be done!

Have you tried cleaning out your accessories and limiting your options? 

2 comments:

  1. Save your pennies for a Better Life Bags bag! They are the best and their new capsule collection is perfect for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is my goal! I love the look of their bags and their mission. I am definitely going to save up for one of their bags.

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...