Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Goals


Ok y'all have probably noticed that I am a tad bit obsessed with Nicole of Writes Like A Girl. I met her when I went to Texas Style Council and automatically fell in love with this chick. Not only has she met Mariska Hargitay, she has an awesome sisterhood tattoo on her back, and does a fantastic job on her blog of showing relatable outfits and also incorporating just plain awesome life content.

I love her monthly goal posts where she shares her monthly goals and reviews how the previous month's goals went. I've decided to link up with her today and share my September goals. I think setting a monthly goal will help me make myself a priority when a lot of times my personal goals can get shoved to the side (my own doing).

1. Finalize my fall capsule wardrobe and post about it. I can't believe it's been 3 months since my summer capsule wardrobe! I am so excited about my fall capsule wardrobe and getting to pull things out of storage that I've missed wearing. I am craving jeans (which I usually hate), boots, scarves, and ALL THE CARDIGANS!

2. Go apple picking. There is this great little orchard Apple Mills Orchard that we get our apples from at the farmer's market. Well their u-pick season has officially started (with wagon rides and apple cider slushies) so I am dying for us to take Landry and have a little family adventure one weekend.

3. Read "Yes, Please" by Amy Poehler. I read Searching for Sunday last month and it was the first time in several months that I actually took the time to sit down and read. I forgot how much I enjoy reading and how a good book that forces me to think is so great when I spend so much time with a toddler. Daniel got me "Yes, Please" for Christmas and it has just been sitting there waiting to be read.

4. Post 3 times a week. I have struggled with getting back into a regular posting schedule but with summer coming to a close I am hoping that I get back into the routine and habit. Blogging for me is so much more than just writing (which I enjoy immensely) but I also enjoy the community and connections it provides.

What are your September goals? 

8 comments:

  1. Nicole is awesome, and she is rocking her blog these days! I love monthly goals, but they started to stress me out when life got hard so I had to give them up for awhile. It was a good choice, but I do miss them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is about finding that balance, you don't want to beat yourself up if you don't accomplish certain goals. Luckily I made most of my goals things I planned on doing anyway. haha

      Delete
  2. Do yourself a favor. Go to your library and get Yes Please on audiobook. It's so worth it! I think you will get so much more out of it by listening to it. She has looks of "guest" readers and little extras that are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your goals! I hope to get even more organized this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are literally the world's sweetest. I can't wait for us to see each other again -- maybe next time with baby Landry! I love that you've been rocking out capsule wardrobes because they make so much sense for your busy life and, in doing so, you get to spend a little time on you and ensure that you feel confident every day in clothes that you know fit and that make you happy. I would love to go apple picking! I don't even know if that's something I can do in Texas, but now I'm going to look into it!

    Thanks for linking up and being wonderful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Nicole! You definitely need to go apple picking! And take adorable outfit pictures at the same time! Thank YOU for being wonderful and always supporting other women. You are so inspiring!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...