Wednesday, September 30, 2015

October Goals


Where the heck did September go? I swear every month just goes quicker and quicker. I've been thinking long and hard about my goals for October and making sure I am a little more intentional with them.

Here is a recap of my September Goals and how they went:

1. Finalize my fall capsule wardrobe and post about it. 
You can check out my capsule wardrobe post here. So far I have been very pleased with my picks and I'm feeling so much more inspired with my wardrobe!

2. Go apple picking. 
Did it! Here is a recap. It didn't go as perfectly as planned (HOT) but it is so close to our house and the apples are so affordable we are thinking we might hit it up again this month.

3. Read "Yes, Please" by Amy Poehler. 
Not even close. I might have opened the book twice but barely got through it at all. This month has been busier and add that Landry's sleep has been on the fritz, I haven't had as much free-time during the day and in the evening I am exhausted and not wanting to work my brain. So I did not feel like reading. :/

4. Post 3 times a week. 
Yay! I did it! It's crazy how the more I post and write the more inspired I feel and the more I want to continue writing and posting. I definitely want to keep this up and have been working on a calendar of posts!

On to my October Goals...

1. Schedule blog posts/social media posts for the week of 18-25. We will be on vacation that week and I am determined to not even take my laptop with me! I want to enjoy our first week long vacation as a family! Fun fact, since Daniel and I have been together we have never taken a week long vacation together. Our honeymoon was cut a little short because Daniel was in a wedding! 

2. Create labels for my sidebar. I want to have labels for popular categories of my posts on the right hand side of my blog. It will make it easier to search through some of my posts. 

3. Go to a Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch. When Daniel and I were dating he surprised me with a trip to a Corn Maze and I think it would be fun to take Landry! I really want to go to Hickory Nut Gap Farms, it's where we buy our beef and pork and the people there are very kind. I love having a local farm that we support in different ways. 

4. Wake up at 5:30am. As of right now I wake up when Landry wakes up and that really has been our schedule since I started staying home with her. In return, I wake up grumpy and slightly annoyed that she woke me up (just being honest). 5:30am sounds like a completely terrible time to wake up (I am not an early morning person) but I know it is the only way to guarantee that I wake up before Landry. It will also give me a little time before Daniel wakes up which will be nice.

5. Go to the Carolin Balloon Fest. I know I want to attend and it's on my fall bucket list, but I know once it gets close I will start to think of reasons to not go especially with it being right before vacation and October being a more hectic month for our family. So I'm hoping by making it a goal it will actually happen.

What are you goals for October? Any goals from September that you accomplished? Let me know in the comments! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...