Friday, September 11, 2015

Fall Capsule Wardrobe


Here it is! My fall capsule wardrobe! I am so excited for new choices and a fresh palette to chose from. Brand new pieces to my wardrobe have an asterisk (*) beside them. Most of my items are pieces I've had for awhile so I've linked to similar items that I could find. If I could find the actual item I linked to it! I will break it down further at the end :) 
Grey V-Neck: Old Navy | White V-Neck: Old Navy | Black V-Neck: Old Navy
White Tunic Tee: Corner Clothing via Zulily (similar) | Striped Tee: GAP (similar) | Simple Girl Tee*: Hello Apparel

Bird Top: Old Navy (similar) | Buffalo Check Shirt: Old Navy (similar) | Chambray Shirt: Old Navy (similar) | Fox Sweater: Old Navy (similar) | Tan Sweater*: thredUP (similar) | Sweatshirt: Hello Apparel (similar)


Black Cardigan: Lane Bryant (similar) | Grey Cardigan: Target (similar) | Tan Cardigan: Target (similar) | Orange Cardigan: Lane Bryant (similar) | Bomber Jacket*: GAP (similar

Quilted Jacket: Target (similar) | Floral Vest: Target (similar) | Cargo Vest: Old Navy via Poshmark (similar

Burgundy Skirt: Old Navy (similar) | Plaid Skirt: Old Navy* | Tan Skirt: Ruche (similar)

Shorts: Target (similar) | Jeans: Old Navy* | Black Pants: Lane Bryant (similar)

Black Maxi: Old Navy (similar) | Striped Dress: GAP (similar) | Grey Dress: Old Navy
Chambray Dress: Old Navy (similar) | Plaid Dress: Old Navy (similar) | Black Dress: Corner Clothing via Zulily (similar)

Oxfords: Gift (similar) | Herringbone TOMS (similar) | Grey TOMS (similar
Birkenstocks | D'orsay Flats: Franco Sarto | Moccasins: c/o Minnetonka
Clogs: Old Navy* | Boots: Target (similar) | Black Flats: Sam Edelman

# of Pieces: 41
# of Dresses: 6
# of Tops: 12
# of Cardigans: 4
# of Jackets/Vests: 4
# of Skirts: 3
# of Pants/Shorts: 3 
# of Shoes: 9
# of New Pieces: 5
# of Summer Roll-Overs: 14

This is definitely the most amount of items I've had in a capsule wardrobe. My previous two capsules had 31 and 33. I really had to be a lot more discerning when putting this capsule wardrobe together. I wanted to include a lot more cold weather gear but I had to remind myself that where I live does not get really cold until end of November. So I decided to hold off on several of my cold weather items. 

Shoes are always the hardest category for me. I really considered not even including shoes this time and wearing whatever I wanted of my shoes. I really do wear the majority of my shoes that I own so I question limiting myself if I am not frequently shopping for shoes and I truly get wear out of everything. I decided to give it another go with shoes included but come winter I might just leave them out.

I really didn't get a lot of new pieces because it wasn't in my budget and I had a lot of fall clothes in storage that I was pretty pleased with. Add in that I really want to make sure I am shopping with a purpose and that does require a little more money. I did buy a couple of pieces from Old Navy (which I wanted to avoid) but I had a gift card from online to use (thanks eBates!). 

Fall weather needs to start ASAP, I am looking forward to cardigans and sweaters and curled up with a dirty chai and pumpkins! 

Have you tried a capsule wardrobe? 

6 comments:

  1. I've never done a capsule wardrobe but I think I want to try it! I have so many things in my closet that don't get any wear so I just did a closet purge and it feels good to actually like the things in my closet now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! As a mom it has simplified my life so much! Now I don't have to worry nearly as much that my clothes work with my post-baby body or have to think as much about what pairs well together! I did my first one for only 40 days to just see how I liked it and hid everything else and I loved it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pieces, Brittainy.....you've done a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now picturing you curled up surrounded by pumpkins while you wear so many cute outfits! Can't wait to see how you style your skirts and that striped Gap dress! Also, since you wear so many of your shoes, I think it totally makes sense to eliminate them and focus your energy on remixing the clothing pieces. Maybe next time replace shoes with scarves and jewelry if that's something you're trying to work on wearing more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just live in a pumpkin patch? That would kind of be amazing! I love the idea of replacing shoes with scarves or jewelry in order to incorporate them more into my outfits. I think I might just do a separate little capsule wardrobe of accessories for fall.

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...