Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Daily Wears 09.29.15





These boots... they're not part of my capsule wardrobe so I feel like a bad blogger for saying "here's my capsule wardrobe" and then second outfit post I am already breaking the "rules". I really think next time I will not add shoes into my capsule wardrobe. I really don't buy shoes frequently and the shoes I own I really rotate through and wear frequently. That's the cool things about doing a capsule wardrobe; it doesn't have to be all rules. Really take a capsule wardrobe and make it work for you.

I think I like these boots better this year than last. I have a better idea on how to style them and oh my gosh... Dr. Scholls shoes are so comfy. I know it scream "old lady" but dang these shoes are stylish and comfy. Win in my book.

I feel like this outfit is the perfect outfit for these early southern fall days. In the morning it might be a little chillier but some days it gets into the 80's so sleeveless is really nice. I love this time of year where really I can wear almost anything (long sleeves, pants, shorts, tank tops) and it really is weather appropriate.

I got this hat SEVERAL years ago when I worked at Lane Bryant. It is one size fits all which is usually not the case for me and my big noggin but this hat actually fits me! Lane Bryant's hats typically run a little bit bigger (I'm not sure if they are considered plus size hats?) but I love it! I wore it some when I worked at Lane Bryant but not much since. Well now that I am trying to up my hat game I am so glad I hung on to this bad boy.

I love having articles of clothing/accessories that last several years. I've had this maroon skirt from Old Navy for many moons and it is the perfect skirt of hiking up and turning into a dress. It seems to always fit me no matter my weight (weight loss, gain, pregnancy) and really holds up well to a toddler's grimy little hands.

Vest: Target (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Dr. Scholls via TJMaxx (similar)
Hat: Lane Bryant (similar)
Necklace: Lane Bryant (similar)
Belt: GAP (similar)

How is the fall weather in your neck of the woods? Are you loving the hat trend as much as me? 


2 comments:

  1. I've always been a huge fan of hats! I need to switch out my summer hats for my fall hats on my hat rack. I still have all of my wide-brimmed straw hats out! I'm looking forward to my newsboy caps again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am finally getting into hats. With my big head it has always been hard to find them and I always felt a little self-conscious wearing a hat (it just screams look at me!). But I am really starting to like them!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...