Thursday, August 20, 2015

What I'm For


Coffee. It is no secret that I love coffee. I use to simply like coffee for the caffeine (which since being a mom I have an absolute new appreciation for!). But now I am learning the difference in blends and what kinds I enjoy. I also really enjoy just getting to have a little time by myself with a good cup of coffee. Time to relax and sip on it, time to think and really just enjoy coffee. I also enjoy a good life chat over coffee, something about those chats are just extra special. If you are ever looking for proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy coffee is that proof. :)

Making time for friends. Distance, marriage, kids, jobs, boyfriends, girlfriends, life. These are all reasons that friendships can get pushed to the back burner. I am not saying I have been perfect at maintaining friendships, but I have learned that my friendships are very important to me and I really feel like I am a better and more well-rounded person when I make time for my friends. I have been trying to do more of that. Dinner dates, long phone conversations, group texts, and planning special times together. I am so thankful for my friends that are more like family.

Napping. Obviously I am for Landry napping :) but I am also for taking naps myself. When Landry was first born everyone would tell me to sleep when she sleeps but I never could bring myself to do it. Now a year into this mom gig I finally have started sometimes taking a nap while Landry naps. When I am having a particularly rough or trying day a nap can really help me restart the day and restart my mood. I have also been a little under the weather the last fews weeks and not sleeping well at night. So naps are very necessary part of self-care.


So who's ready to meet up for coffee and share what they're for today? Let me know in the comment what you're for! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...