Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pep Talk


wrote a whole post and after a few hours passed and I read over it, I deleted it. The post was filled with whining and complaining about exhausted I am right now. It was written in a moment of tears, emotions running high, and hiding in TJ Maxx (I wrote the post on my phone). When I read over the post later after having a much needed spilling of my soul to Daniel, I didn't like the person who wrote it. She lacked hope, was unappreciative of what she does have, and was very negative. That is not the person I want to  And if I didn't like me, y'all sure wouldn't like me after reading it.

Life has been a little tough over here in the Deal household for the last few weeks. Sickness (Landry and me), hectic work days (Daniel), lack of sleep (everyone), and general chaos. I've done my fair share of crying, complaining, begging God to please let Landry nap, and just generally being a miserable person.

So instead of wallowing in my misery in the form of a blog post, I've decided to instead give myself a pep talk and share with y'all! Because maybe your days are tough, maybe your days are long, maybe you feel like you given all of yourself to everyone and there is none left for yourself. But these tough days, they are just temporary.

Chin up butter cup, no one is diminishing the work you are doing. Being a mom is tough and whoever says different is much more emotionally stable than you or a liar. These tough days are worth it though. All your dreams have come true with having this child. You are doing what you've dreamed of since you were a child. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Focus on the bright spots in the day. The times she gives you impromptu kisses, when she loves on the dogs, when she smiled that bright mischievous smile. Yes a tantrum might soon flow but it won't forever. Remember that this clinginess is just a stage and before you know it she will be embarrassed to have her mom around let alone sitting on your lap. 

I know everything I'm saying sounds so cliche and people have told you these things a million times. I know in the cloud of emotions it can be hard to believe. But it's true. In between, take care of yourself. Remember that binge watching Netflix is not restorative and will not help you feel renewed and refreshed. Take the time to go on some walks, to do make a nice dinner, and to spend time with friends sans baby and sans guilt. Your husband and daughter need a woman in their lives who not only takes care of them but takes care of herself. 

Your husband does not hate you for complaining but he would like to hear more positives of your day. Don't take your frustrations out on him. He is trying his best and just wants you to be happy. You are so lucky to have a man who truly cares about your happiness and well-being.

Take some time to put yourself together in the morning. I'm not lecturing you, but you will feel so much better if you take time to throw a little concealer on, fix your hair, and put something on besides a tee-shirt and running shorts.

With all this being said, don't forget these hard times. When you talk to other new moms be real, be vulnerable, and let them know it isn't always perfect. Remember how this time is shaping you and transforming you. You are becoming such an incredible mom and woman. You are being refined and pruned and sculpted. That can hurt but in the end you will be better, stronger, and more beautiful. You got this! 

Do you ever give yourself pep talks? What kind of positive affirmations do you give yourself? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...