Friday, July 10, 2015

Our Favorite Board Books


Sully over at Sully by the Numbers posted her family's favorite board books. And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I decided to share our favorite board books!

Landry has been extra into books lately. She is constantly picking them off of her shelves and out of her baskets and bringing them over to me to read to her. She has gotten so much better at focusing on the books and not just wanting to turn the pages. It is absolutely adorable (and slightly maddening when I have read the same book 10 times in a row).

You Are My I Love You by Maryanne Cusimano Love. This book gets me every time. It is sappy sweet but it tugs at my mama heart strings something fierce. It just speaks the words of my soul. I probably enjoy this book more than Landry, but she still brings it over to me to read frequently.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Landry loves to read this one in the car. She loves the different length pages and the holes in the book. The illustrations are also beautiful!

Good Night North Carolina by Adam Gamble. We received this book as a baby shower gift and I was so stoked. I love our state so a booked focused on it was right up my alley. They have them for every state along with locations like the lake, mountains, America, and the world. I am hoping to get some of them for Landry for her birthday.

Furry Friends by Disney. This is a touch and feel book which is the primary reason Landry loves it. She loves messing with the furry tails on the animals. The story isn't exactly riveting but it is one of the first books she really took an interest in.

All of Baby Nose to Toes by Victoria Adler. I love the rhymes to this book and it helps teach Landry different body parts. She gets so giggly at the parts where it say "Me! I do!". I've started memorizing this one.

Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton. I love this book! I sing the song to Landry at different times of the day and when she was real little it would really help calm her down if she got upset. Sandra Boynton's books are great! We also love The Going to Bed Book and Moo, Baa, La La La.

As much as I love board books I can't wait to we can start reading more real books. As of right now Landry doesn't know how to be gentle enough with the pages so we only read real books in moderation.

What are your favorite kids books? Please share! I am always on the look out for books to add to our collection! 

4 comments:

  1. These are great! My favorite is Spoon...I'm hoping Hazel will love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina! I will have to check out Spoon!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...