Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Liebster Blog Award



I know I have been a little MIA as of late so here is my face (with my adorable pups) in case you forgot who I was. If you like my page on facebook, you might have saw last night my post about the lack of posting. Summer has been in full swing and we have had so many more visitors (which has been such a nice break in our routine) since returning from the beach in June. We have also had playdates, swim lessons, Daniel working late, and so much more.

I won't apologize because I have been having a blast! But I will say I've missed being in the space regularly and interacting with all my fantastic readers.

So I thought to kickstart my return to regular blogging I would share about the Liebster Blog Award that Emma over at Behind the Leopard Glasses nominated me for.

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers. It's a great way to discover new blogs and get to know bloggers a little better!

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they give you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.

So onto the questions...

11 New Questions: 

1. What is your favorite pattern to wear?
I am not a huge pattern wearer in general. I go through phases that I like stripes but I am always a fan on animal prints. Not like leopard or zebra but print of outlines of animals. I have a top with llama prints all over it and a bird print shirt I love.

2. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
I wish I could say something really inspirational and awesome but honestly it's check my phone and hope that Landry will go back to sleep for a while longer (she's usually my alarm clock).

3. What is your ultimate dream job?
It's funny that this is one of the questions because I have entered TOMS Dreamjob contest through Dreamjobbing. I had my interview yesterday and the winner will be announced Thursday. It is the chance to be a "Global Giver" for 10-11 days. I get to go to TOMS headquarters and see the business side and then go on a Giving Trip to first hand deliver shoes. You can check out my video and find more information here. So pretty much that is my dream job haha.

But in all honesty right now my dream job is being a stay-at-home mom. I went back to work for a month after having Landry and realized I was not doing something I was passionate about and it was not worth leaving my daughter every day to continue a job that was simply a job. I hope to have a better idea of what's next for me when Landry starts school. Until then I am fully embracing being a full-time mom.

4. What was the inspiration behind starting your blog?
I really wanted to seek a creative outlet and be part of the blogging community. Being a stay-at-home mom can be very isolating so having this community has been so helpful!

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and do/see anything, where would you go and why?
Greece, Greece, and Greece! haha It is my absolute number one dream trip! I want to go to Athens and see all the history. And then of course I would want to go to Santorini because who doesn't want to go there after seeing Mamma Mia?

6. Do you keep any items from your childhood? If so- what is it and what significance does it have?
I have a ton of my childhood toys at my grandparent's house (including my Easy Bake Oven and Barbie Dream House). I really don't have a ton of items at my actual home. I have the yardstick that my grandma use to spank me with, which sounds sad but really brings smile to my face. Whenever she would get it out I would run and put long pants on because she always spanked the back of my legs. She said she liked to use the yardstick because she didn't have to catch me.

7. What is your favorite blog post you have ever written?
Probably The Fog, it was a very raw and truthful post about my feelings finding my identity after having my daughter.

8. If you could have one total splurge item- what would it be?
I really would love a new laptop, mine has seen it's better days. A new Macbook would be awesome (I really don't need any clothing/accessory splurge items).

9. Do you want children? What would you name your potential offspring?
I have a daughter and her name is Landry Adalay. We don't plan on having any more children but if we had a boy I would want to name him Abraham and call him Abe. I also love the name Everly for a   girl but Daniel doesn't like it.

10. What is your ideal dinner? Who are you eating with?
My ideal dinner would be a cookout (I love grilled food!) and it would be Daniel, Landry, Me and some of my closest friends. It's crazy how in college you take advantage of all the times you get to have meals with your favorite people, but now it rarely happens that we all get to be together. I know, I know, no exciting celebrities or fancy restaurants. I just want to have a good time with the ones I love!

11. Total interview-esk question- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Ahhhh, 5 years Landry will be about to go into first grade! That's crazy! I think I might be back in school working on my Master's. I don't know in what but I could see that happening.


Here's my 11 new questions:

1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. What is your favorite tv show?
3. What do you do in your freetime?
4. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
5. What is your favorite flavor of gum?
6. What does your perfect day look like?
7. If you could go back in time what decade/time period would you chose and why?
8. What is the one piece of advice you would give someone?
9. What's your favorite type of music?
10. What tv character do you most identify with and why?
11. What is your favorite scent/smell?

And I nominate:

Sully from Sully By The Numbers
Mandy from Hello Daisy
Indiana from Mom Jeans and Dad Jokes
Sabrina from A Time For Everything
Kathleen from Kapachino
Anne from Silly Heart Restart
Rebekah from Rebekah Anne
Molly from The Girl Behind the Wine Glass
Chelsea from Chelsea Laine Francis
Alyssa from It's Time to Trust My Instincts
Tatiana from Flora and Fauna

Please check out this incredible ladies' blogs! They are all wonderful writers and bloggers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...