Friday, June 12, 2015

Turn Off Your Computer



I know, what kind of blog post is titled "Turn Off Your Computer"... well this one! I am going to keep it short and simple today. Today I am turning off my computer, turning off my iPad, deleting my facebook/instagram/twitter apps, and turning off the tv for the day. I am unplugging today because this week I have been attached to my electronics. I spent 3 hours last night at Chick-fil-a working on blog posts and I have binged watched A LOT of shows this week.

Join me today in taking a little technology hiatus. Go outside and take in the warm summer day, grab a book (not a kindle/ipad/e-reader). Play with your pups, play with your kids, talk to your spouse. Grab scrabble (not Words with Friends) and sit down and play a real game. I think it is healthy for us all to detox from electronics, if just for the day.

Now tomorrow life will be back to normal but maybe the little break will make me think twice before I pick up my phone to scroll through facebook or before I binge watch another show on netflix. I really want to begin being more intentional about my time using electronics. I do not want Landry to grow up seeing me paying more attention to my phone than her. Even if I am taking pictures of her or instagraming. It is ok to have memories that are not shared with the world!

Here is a great infographic from Greatist if you need tips for unplugging.



Have a good weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...