Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Daily Wears 05.20.15







This post could also be titled "RIP Chambray Shirt" or "We Bought a New Car".

When the morning started I imagined writing this post. Oh how I had such high hopes for the day and to share such a fantastic day with y'all. Sadly, that is not the case. Let me start at the beginning...

I signed Landry up for a little play group/art class for kids 6m-2 years at a local art place that just opened in town. It started at 9:00am which for the last couple of weeks has been right when Landry is taking her first nap of the day. My better judgement said to not go to the class. It would screw up Landry's schedule, it would screw up my schedule, I have horrible luck with meeting other moms! But I decided to try to be positive especially since I knew Landry would love it.

The class went ok, a little disorganized, I didn't hit it off with any moms, and the worst part... I got paint on my beloved chambray shirt (as seen here, here, and here). It should have been a sign to how the rest of the day would go. Landry loved the class though and loved getting to see other children.

Landry missed her first nap as a result of the class and of course fell asleep for 5 minutes on the way home which threw off laying her down for the next nap. The house was also a wreck from trying to get out of the house that morning. I scrambled up some lunch for us and luckily got Landry down for a nap by 12:45pm.

Let me add that the night before we found out Landry had gotten her first diaper rash. It was horrible and I was trying to change her diapers even more frequently throughout the day plus slathering on diaper cream. Also Landry had decided not to eat her table foods well which made everything a little more difficult.

I was so hoping that nap would last for 2 hours but alas it only lasted for an hour. But I wasn't getting upset because I had signed up for a yoga class in town. Through all the stress of the day I was hanging onto the fact that come 7:00pm that night I would be in a yoga class relaxing and centering myself.

Daniel was getting off work early at 3:00pm so we could drive 30 minutes to go to a car dealership to look at a used Ford Escape Hybrid that we were interested in. I love my little Toyota Matrix but it is a little too small for Daniel and we needed a little more room with toting around all of Landry's stuff.

I had everything packed up (including my stuff for yoga and being dressed for yoga) so when Daniel got home we could leave immediately. In case you didn't know, wheeling and dealing with a dealership takes forever. Landry and I hung out in the kids room (thank God for small favors) but she started getting antsy and was overtired. It became obvious that I was not going to make it back home for my class. That is when I pretty much lost it. I got the car keys from Daniel and left him at the dealership while I drove around until Landry fell asleep.

We bought the car barely having to increase our car payment. I really like it and I can't wait to pick it up in a few days. But I was beyond pissed to miss my class. I also was pissed that I really don't have any stay-at-home mom friends that could commiserate in my terrible day. Some days it's just so exhausting, you just give so much and in the moment you cannot see the return. Some days nothing seems to work out and when you get home you want to do nothing but instead you are still on duty and huddled over the washing machine putting stain remover on every freaking item of clothing your child has worn in the last 2 weeks (ALL THE STAINS!).

So here's hoping to a better day, here's to fresh starts and tomorrows. Here's to anniversary date nights  on the horizon that are the only thing getting you through the week. Here's to 3-day holiday weekends which means you get a bonus day with an extra pair of hands.


Button Up- Old Navy
Tee- Old Navy
Dress- Old Navy (similar)
Glasses- Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar)
Earrings- Lane Bryant (similar)
Shoes- Salt Water Sandals
Bracelet- Etsy
Bracelet- Alex and Ani

1 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, sweetie.....part of being a Mom and a wife, isn't it? Did you get the paint out of your chambray shirt? Hope so. Glad you were able to find a good, used, more appropriate car for your family. Hang in there.....you WILL get back to Yoga class....eventually. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...