Thursday, May 14, 2015

Daily Wears 05.14.15







Ok let me preface this post with this- I am not a fashion blogger. Let me repeat, I am not a fashion blogger. I am a blogger who sometimes posts pictures of her outfits and loves clothes. Most days, however, this is what you will find me in. I know, I know, I know, tee shirt and shorts? Really? I am just trying to be real with y'all! This is my life in all of it's mundane but totally comfortable glory!

In the south summer starts in May (80s and 90s already!) which means I officially quit wearing pants (I hate pants anyway!). It's short, skirts, and dresses until late September! Also now that I have a baby skirts and dresses are not always the best choice when rolling around in the grass at the park and having to bend down constantly to lift up my 23 pound 9 month old (she's a chunk!)

So here is pretty much what you will find me in the majority of the week. Shorts and a teeshirt and most likely carrying a backpack because they make life easier with a baby on my hip! And of course I have to have my trusty cargo vest. It just makes the outfit a little less boring!

You know how I included 3 v-neck tees in my mini-capsule wardrobe? Those tees use to be my fave! They are the Old Navy Vintage tees and I love them! They are super comfy, I can throw them on with a skirt, shorts, pants, I can exercise in them, or I can wear them for date nights and they have lasted for YEARS. But here's the thing... they are too low cut when playing with a baby out in public. I bend over and every one can see everything. Even more so when said baby is pulling at your shirt constantly. It's kind of crazy how after you have a baby things you didn't have to worry about before now are constantly an issue when getting dressed. All of this is to say my Hello Apparel Tee is getting TONS of wear because it and my NC Home tee are the only ones that are not v-neck.

Would anyone be interested in a follow up post at the end of my capsule wardrobe about what clothing items worked and what didn't? I am considering it to help me process the experience. There are several things I would/will do differently next time!

Yep, that's right, I have decided to do a legitimate capsule wardrobe for the summer months, June, July, and August. Also during that time I am going to stick with the no shopping (but not for Landry, just me. Girl grows too fast to quit shopping for her). With that being said, I am going to probably  do a little shopping to round out my wardrobe for the summer before my mini-capsule is over. I know I said I wouldn't shop until after May but that was before I decided to really dive head-first into a capsule wardrobe. After doing this mini-capsule I definitely see some gaping holes in my wardrobe or pieces that I have really wished I had and will know I need for the hot summer.

Are you considering attempting a capsule wardrobe for summer? Would you be interested in me review how my mini-capsule went? Any tips for must have items for the summer? 

Shirt- Hello Apparel
Vest- JcPenney (similar)
Shorts- Old Navy
Shoes- Target
Earrings- Target (similar)
Bracelet- From my grandma (similar)
Backpack- Baggu (similar)
Sunglasses- Oakley

1 comments:

  1. I have some tees you are welcome to that are not v necks. Next time we see you I will bring them. No obligation, but might help out.
    It is amazing how a baby alter your thinking when it comes to dressing. Well worth it though!

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...