Monday, May 4, 2015

Daily Wears 05.04.15





So I pretty much lived in this outfit for the entire weekend. I love it because it is effortlessly put together. I never like looking like I fussed over what I was going to wear but I still want to look put together. Sometimes its hard to find that balance but this outfit does just that! I also love the midi-skirt because I can bend over to pick up Landry without flashing the world, super important! 

This weekend was a good one, one of those weekends that is fun but also restful. Such a great balance. I also took an unplanned social media break this weekend in an effort to be more present. Daniel and I are both trying to work on not checking our phones as often. 

Friday evening Daniel and I played games on the deck after Landry went to bed. Cards, chess, and Scrabble. We have really been wanting to work on not just zoning out in the evening by watching TV and playing on our computer after Landry goes to bed. It is fine to do that occasionally but not every night. We realized that has become the norm and it does not give us the opportunity to talk and really reconnect. Game nights are the perfect opportunity to just chit-chat. 

My mom, brother, and Kaykay (my mom's mom) came up Saturday. We spent the day downtown in our little town. We played in the park and then had a delicious lunch at Root & Vine

Anytime Daniel, Landry, and I eat out we pretty much eat really quick and try to get out. Landry does well going out to eat but we never want to test our luck so we never really enjoy our meal. It was nice to have a leisurely lunch Saturday and Landry was great! She also ate her grilled salmon up like a champ! Root & Vine is baby approved! 

We then headed to My Local Bakery. Yes that really is the name of our local bakery. Their iced coffee cupcake is crazy good! Some Saturdays they run a special where you can get a dozen gourmet cupcakes for only $15 so they can clear the cases before they are closed Sunday and Monday. Obviously we got a dozen to bring home! 

Sunday we had a mini road-trip to Charlotte to return some things to the outlets down there. We hit Once Upon a Child and then Whole Foods before heading back home. That is the nice thing about where we live. We are in a small town but we are surrounded by several major cities that we can get to in 45 minutes- 1.5 hours. 

Ok so I have rambled on enough about our weekend. An update on my 40 Days to a Better Me. Still doing well sticking with my capsule wardrobe and not shopping for myself. We did buy Landry some summer pjs this weekend and some shorts. But she truly needed those things. Even with going to the outlets I did not get myself anything. I have been consistent to entering my food into My Fitness Pal, even when I am not exactly proud of what I've eaten like most of this weekend. 

Stayed tuned tomorrow for Landry's 9 month update! 

How was everyone's weekend? Anyone else attempting a capsule wardrobe? Giving up shopping?

Shirt- Old Navy
Skirt- Modcloth
Vest- TJ Maxx (similar
Shoes- Target
Bag- Fossil (similar)
Belt- Target (similar
Necklace- Gift (similar)
Bracelets- Etsy



3 comments:

  1. Hi! Hopped over from Let Your Light Shine link up. Love this post! I lived in a small town as well just 40 minutes north of Charlotte. Looked forward to shopping at the outlets there as well. Isn't it nice to go to the bustling city and then back to your cozy corner of the world? I too have put myself on sort of a shopping ban. We shall see how long that lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kishina! Yay fellow NC blogger! It's so nice to be close enough to the action but not have to deal with the traffic on a daily basis ;) I am being tempted so bad to shop but I am really trying to stick with it! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Sounds as if y'all had a GREAT week-end....I am SO glad that Daniel and you view your quality time together (sans computer and phone) as extremely valuable. LOVE this outfit and love you too.....glad you had family come this week-end. Still praying that y'all can find a church that will work for ALL 3 of you. Love you and your sweet famiy!

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...