Thursday, May 21, 2015

4 Years
















I apologize for the picture overload. Once I started going down memory lane I just couldn't stop myself. Every picture reminds me of another adventure, another trip, another milestone. Today is our 4 year anniversary and I can't believe all that we have gone through together in these last 4 years. 

You graduated grad school, me undergrad, we moved 6 times, 3 different jobs for you, 3 different jobs for me, numerous weekend getaways/trips, we bought a house, we bought 2 cars, we've suffered through 2 miscarriages, we have lost 2 loved ones, and we had our precious baby girl! It's been a heck of a ride these last 4 years. 

This man right here, he has made me a better woman. He is my perfect opposite. He's an ISTJ and me an ENFJ. He keeps me grounded when I get a little flighty, he levels me out when I am high strung. And I like to this I make him a little more compassionate and empathetic. 

I never fixated on my wedding day because I was more excited about the years of marriage that follow. And I have to say, I have had so many days with this man since our wedding day that have been a million times more memorable and fantastic. It isn't about a wedding, it's about a marriage. 

We are nowhere near relationship experts and we are still trying to figure out this new season in our marriage as parents. But there is no one else I would want to muddle through the messiness of parenthood and life. There is no one else I would rather sit in the living room with and watch Fraiser for the millionth time. There is no one else I want to sleep beside and kick when their snoring is too much. 

I love you so much Daniel. 

1 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Brit. I am SO glad that you have such a strong marriage and special hubby. Yes, your marriage has experienced many tests in these few short years, and you have passed all of them with flying colors. Continue to lean on each other as you both lean on the Lord. You are both SO blessed to have each other. I LOVE your blog. I feel as if I am getting to know you all over again.....actually I am simply getting to know who you are TODAY......still praying for you and your broken heart over losing Nana! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...