Monday, April 13, 2015

My Nana













I have no pretty words to say. I am not wise beyond my years, understanding the purpose behind a perfectly healthy 59 year old woman 8 month ago now being gone.

My Nana passed away yesterday from pancreatic cancer. I am angry more than anything. It's not fair. I am a Christian, so I know she is now in heaven without pain and suffering. But that doesn't change how the rest of us are left. We are left here without her, with all the pain and suffering.

My Nana and Joan (my grandma that raised me) were both my moms. They are the two women that I look up to more than anything in the world. Nana was my person. She got me like no one else did. She accepted for who I was, not who she wanted me to be. She took the good, the bad (oh how there has been the bad), and everything in between. She toured colleges with me, attended academic award banquets with me, prom dress shopped with me, made waffles out of this world, and would listen for hours on the phone while I blabbed about nothing.

Nana lit up the world. There are very few people that I have ever met that did not genuinely love and adore her. She had a zeal for life that was unmatched; everything was excited and fun! She also did not take herself too seriously. She was the perfect shoulder to cry on and the best encourager. I am a better person because she was in my life. I really don't think I would even be here if it wasn't for her.

I'm sorry for the rambling. I am going to take the rest of this week off from blogging so spend time with my family and grieving. Things will resume next week. Please keep my family in your prayers during this difficult time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...