Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Daily Wears 04.28.15






So here's my first outfit post since I started my 40 Days to a Better Me. I wore this outfit this past weekend when Daniel and I had a date night. I've had this black and white top for a few years now. I got it while I was still working at Lane Bryant. I love how it flows away from my stomach so it camouflages my post-baby belly. 

I LOVE these Sam Edelman flats. I first got a pair almost identical at a Salvation Army store for $3.00. They were brand new and perfect. I wore them to pieces while I still worked retail because they were so comfy but still looked stylish. I was so sad when I eventually had to throw them away. I never could afford to get another pair because Sam Edelman's shoes aren't exactly cheap. Luckily I found this pair this past fall at TJ Maxx! I stalked them for pretty much all fall and winter and eventually they made their way to clearance where I got them for $29.00. Not as awesome as my $3.00 score but still a lot better than the full price of $100+. 

I don't care for these jeans with this outfit. I would have preferred skinny jeans to my boyfriend ankle jeans. Unfortunately right now I have no skinny jeans that fit and I am sticking with my 31 piece capsule wardrobe. Throughout these 40 days I am going to be keeping track of items that I wish I had or keep reaching for that I don't have. Maybe by the end I can have a little shopping list of things to be on the look out for. 

As far as my healthy eating as part of my betterment, it is going well! I have been doing much better at taking the time to cook and I am starting to enjoy cooking again. I am finding it less cumbersome. I have been using My Fitness Pal and in the last 6 days I have lost 5lbs. 

I truly feel like I am not restricting myself or denying myself anything. I am just practicing moderation and making better choices. There are times that I am not caring as much about my calories, like Sunday night we went to Applebees with Daniel's parents. I ended up getting the 4 Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken. High in calories but delicious! And I brought half of it home. I didn't feel guilty because I know I am making better choices the rest of the time and that I had been physically active earlier which kind of balances everything out. 

Top- Lane Bryant (similar)
Pants- Old Navy
Shoes- Sam Edelman
Earrings- Target (similar)
Bracelets- Etsy
Purse- Lane Bryant (similar


Any ways that you are trying to better yourself? Any opinions on favorite brands of skinny jeans? 


4 comments:

  1. Try Land's End for skinny jeans. I order a few different sizes to make sure I get the size I want. Then you can make returns for free at Sears (they also sale Land's End in their stores, but don't always have plus size). They are kind of pricy, but will last a long time. Same with their swim wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard amazing things about their swimsuits. I will definitely check out their skinny jeans and thanks for the tip about returns to Sears. I had no idea you could do that!

      Delete
  2. I am SO proud of you......you'll get those extra pounds off, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...