Friday, April 3, 2015

Daily Wears 04.03.15






Working on this post I started questioning why I even bother with outfit posts? Why not just stick with pictures of Landry and more personal pieces? I mean my style is not revolutionary by any means. It's not even trendy or colorful. And it's not like there isn't an abundance of fashion bloggers posting STELLAR outfits every day. So why do I bother?

I post outfits for two reasons:
  1. It motivates me to get dressed. I know that might sound silly but since having Landry I really have struggled. I have loved clothes for along time and have considered myself mildly stylish. I always dressed different than my friends but I still considered myself stylish. Since having Landry I have not felt that way. My body is different, I haven't lost the baby weight,  and some of the things I wore before do not work now as a mom. So this motivates me to put on real clothes and figure out what works for me.
  2. I have struggled to find relatable fashion blogs/inspiration. I am the largest of misses but the smallest of plus size, which makes it hard to find women online my size to relate to. It is also hard to find outfit inspiration for a stay-at-home mom. I see some mom's posting pictures of wearing heels and short skirts and it blows me away. Good for them! But that doesn't work for me. I need really comfy materials that hide spit/food and wash well. 
So there you go. That's why I post my average outfits because sometimes average is ok! 
The majority of my clothes come from Old Navy and are cotton. 
Most of my wardrobe is neutrals or muted colors because they match with every thing. 
Rarely will you find me carrying a purse unless it is my trusty fossil cross-body because a bookbag gives me so much room and easier for carrying with Landry.
And my jewelry is not expensive fancy pieces. They all mean a lot to me but it wouldn't break the bank if they were lost or if Landry broke it.

Do you struggle with finding relatable outfit ideas/inspiration online? 


Me
Dress- Old Navy
Vest- JcPenney (similar)
Shoes- TOMS
Bag- c/o TOMS
Necklace- DIY by me @ TXSC
Bracelet- Kate Spade c/o Tagspire
Lipstick- Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Candy Apple 

Landry
Top- Carter's
Skirt- Carter's
Shoes- Amazon (similar)
Headband- Present (similar)
Lunchbox- Skip Hop

4 comments:

  1. so glad you posted this! I feel like there's a dearth of non-fashion outfit posts, if that makes any sense. keep rocking the TOMS gear, I am loving my red backpack so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes complete sense! We can dress cute and put together without being on the cutting edge of fashion. I like to think I am stylish instead of fashionable. haha

      I have always been a HUGE TOMS fan (sandals and TOMS are pretty much all my shoes) but I have fallen even more in love since getting my bag, it is my favorite!

      Delete
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with post everyday normal outfits. After all, we can't all be dolled up and dressed to the nines 24/7! I think it's great that your blog motivates you to get dressed. No shame in that girl! Plus your outfit looks so comfy, I want to wear something similar today! :)
    Found you via the linkup! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki! It is such a comfy outfit. Comfort is number one priority to me!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...