Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Your Truth


During TxSC we had guided journaling time led by Erin of Design by Mankind. Unfortunately she had lost her voice but she still led the journaling through a powerpoint. I honestly think it was more impactful this way because it forced us to read and focus more internally than externally. She asked us to write about our truth and what it looks like for us.

Below is an excerpt of my journaling. Please be kind when reading this because this is truly me opening up a side of myself. I have journaled on and off for years but I do not typically share. However, I really felt like this summed up my truth and is kind of getting me to the point of figuring out my why.

"Frequently I think I should/want to use my past life/experience to make a difference. I've gone through some difficult stuff and have came out on the other side. Slightly battered and bruised but overall the woman I didn't even know I could be.

So how do I communicate that to others? How do I use that to impact others and as cliche as it sounds "make a difference"?

Do I want to be a counselor? Do I simply use those experiences to hopefully make Landry's childhood and adolescence a little easier?

What I do know is that I want to grab girls who have struggled, hold them tight and tell them:

"Security, normalcy, and joy is on the horizon. You will cry, you will hurt, you will sometimes think you won't make it. Don't give up. Don't give in. You will become who you want to be, even if you don't know who that is yet. And guess what? You will have a greater appreciation because it wasn't easy. You worked your ass off to get here and that makes it so much more precious. You will see beauty in the mundane, in the everyday because you didn't know something could feel so right, so secure, so safe."

I know I cannot literally grab every suffering girl and comfort her. So how I figure out how to in some way do a version of that? That is hat I want to figure, how to communicate and make other girls not only hear those words, but eventually believe them."

What is your truth? What does it look like your life? Please share with me! Or if you aren't ready take some time to really contemplate it today.  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it! I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want to be when I grow up. I'll use this as a journaling prompt today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, of course that is making the assumption that I will grow up ;)

      Delete
  2. I am thinking about sharing mine too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing TxSC taught me is that us girls have to be supportive of one another...we are not in competition. I already knew this, but it was so refreshing to hear it from so many others from all over the place. I feel like this movement toward community and away from competition will just grow and grow. There has to be women spreading that around, everywhere. You truly are one of these women! In whatever way you find to communicate to women, I know you will do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddie! You are such a great friendtor! I really feel like women are moving towards being more supportive and less catty. I love it!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...