Monday, March 23, 2015

What I'm For

I can't wait to share with y'all all about TxSC! It was an incredible weekend with some incredible women but today I want to share with y'all a new thing I'm doing called "What I'm For". It is based on a country song "What I'm For" by Pat Green.


Anybody that knows me knows that I can have a tendency to be what I classify a realist but others would say pessimist. My goal is to start really focusing on the positive. One way to do that is to think about the things I do believe in, I do support, instead of the things I am against. It can be serious, it can be silly. Every so often I will post some different things I am for! I would love for y'all to be part of this with me and share what you are for too!

I'm for sisterhood. And I'm not just talking about your biological sister. I'm for women supporting women. It's taken me a long time to get to that point, not because I didn't want to support my fellow women but because I had my run in with several "mean girls" growing up. Girls can be mean, however, I'm tired of that stereotype. I'm ready for women to show the world that we can support and lift one another up

I am for animals. I absolutely love all animals, particularly rescue. Animals really enrich our lives and if you haven't experienced unconditional love, get a dog! 

I'm for sandals. Nice broken in ones that might be a little smelly and might be scuffed up. They might be falling apart but you just can't give them up yet because they have conformed perfectly to your feet. 

I'm for nature. Not just in the environmentally friendly kind away. I'm for being in nature and taking the time to appreciate it. Experience the magnificence and the magnitude. Think about how the same creator who crafted that strong and powerful tree also created you. Nature can be so humbling but also empowering.


Today, what are you for? Please share in the comments! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm for all these things too!! Im also for crying and letting everyone know it's ok for you to show your emotions. I'm tired of it being ok for men or even women to see it as a sign of weakness and treat you like your stupid for crying. It's not. I think it's a sign of passion, vulnerability and frankly not being a dead, cold person inside. I'm for crying I think it lets me express myself without words and be true to myself and what I'm feeling! I encourage everyone to cry with me don't tell me to stop! Feel all the feels! Thanks for crying with me at camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, and yes Michelle! Feel all the feels! New mantra for life! THANK YOU for crying with me! I am usually the only crier so it was nice to have a friend to cry with!

      Delete
  2. Tears do not equal weakness!! Tears do not equal fear! Tears equal passion and giving a shit about something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are kindred spirits for sure. <3 you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...