Friday, March 13, 2015

TxSC '15

Why did I start blogging again? Besides hoping to be part of a community, keep family/friends up-to-date on my life, have a creative outlet, and share my life with the world?

You see I won a contest I entered online that was sponsored by Minnetonka Moccasins. And besides winning an amazing pair of moccasins (see below), I also won the opportunity to attend Texas Style Council 2015. And you know what will motivate you to start blogging again? Attending a blogging conference!



What is TxSC? It's a social media conference geared towards women bloggers and small business owners. This is the 5th and last year of TxSC and this year we will be CAMPing (Create a Meaningful Presence). Years past the conference has been held in Austin, TX and been a little more fancy. This year the conference will be at a Girl Scout camp outside of Austin and every one will sleep in cabins together and eat together! Right up my alley!



I can't believe that TxSC is less than 2 weeks away! It's March 20th-22nd. I am so excited to meet some amazing women who are following their passions and putting so much good into the world. Now in days the online world can be a place that breeds greed, jealousy, and resentment. But what if we stopped? What if we quit wanting the lives others lead and instead make connections and relationships? The web can really be a positive place and the ladies who run and attend TxSC are about just that!



I am looking forward to rocking some CAMP style (already started packing and planning). We received our bunkmate assignments yesterday and I am so stoked to meet these wonderful women! I can't wait to update y'all about how my weekend goes and of course eating s'mores!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Can't wait to meet you too! I can't believe it's this week!

      Delete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...