Friday, March 6, 2015

Birchbox Hack

I am obsessed with Birchbox! For those that might not know, Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service for only $10. Every month you receive 5+ beauty/lifestyle product samples. You can also create a profile on their website which asks questions about your preferences so that you receive items more tailored to you.


Here is part of my profile. Obviously the hair part is very important! You don't want to get products for curly hair if you don't have it.

The coolest part to me (besides a nice monthly surprise, learning about new products, and the fact that you can cancel at any time) is that you get points for reviewing your samples! 10 points per sample, plus a point for every dollar you spend in their online shop. When you get to 100 points you get $10 off a purchase from their site. Let me tell you, I have used that time and time again in the last year! I have 100 points right now burning a hole in my pocket!  

Ok so enough about my love of Birchbox and how awesome it is. In honor of my impending one year anniversary of being subscriber I would share my little Birchbox hack.


After a year of samples they definitely start pilling up! 

 (Can we agree their new colored boxes are to die for?? CUTE!)

I love tinted moisturizers and bb creams. Dr Jart + Premium BB Cream is my go-to for daily wear! Anti-aging (never to early to combat wrinkles), matches my skin tone perfectly, SPF 45, and no shimmer.

Because of how I filled out my beauty profile I get some awesome samples from Birchbox, too. Some work great and others just don't exactly fit the bill. That's the be expected! Some are too shiny, too matte, not the right tone, etc.

But I hate wasting! So I came up with the perfect solution. I would take some of the moisturizers/bb creams that weren't just right and mix them together! Here are the four creams I mixed:


Dr Jart + Radiance Beauty Balm- a little bit too light colored for my skin tone.

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint- Too matte for my liking! I prefer a more dewey look and the matte settled into every fine line and pore on my face.

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow- I actually loved this bb cream over the summer. It gives great coverage and a nice shine without shimmer. But since losing any tan I had this summer, it is too dark for my skin tone.

Sweet Science Invisible Daily Tint- Loved the SPF 35. But it had a stronger sunscreen smell to it and didn't provide hardly any coverage.



I mixed it all together and ta-da! The combo is now so much more usable than the individual creams. So the next time you have a pile of samples that might not work trying mixing them together before you throw them out!

In no way is this post sponsored by Birchbox. I just love the company! If you are interested in subscribing to Birchbox or just learning more about it feel free to ask me or click the link below! 


Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes? Any makeup tricks/hacks you have up your sleeve? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...