Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playlist of My Life- Songs of College

Music has always been such a major part of my life. It has defined so much of my life and particularly college. Many many songs bring back certain memories and moments. Below is some of my top songs from college with their memories and pictures.

He was my "Friend of Honor"

I'll Stand By You (either Glee or Carrie Underwood version)

See I have this best friend and when he was going through a lot it was a song that truly spoke how I felt about him and the situation. "Nothing you confess, could make me love you less... I'll stand by you" No truer words have been spoken.

Oh so many mixers with sisters

Shots by LMFAO

A know what a typical song choice for a college kid. But there were so many memorable nights and also nights that weren't remembered that started with that song and many many shots. No matter what it will always remind me of some crazy good times and also just being young and carefree.



Weightless by All Time Low

This song has gotten me through some rough days, weeks and even months. My "first" senior year the first semester was incredibly difficult for me. I just felt like I couldn't make anyone happy. However, whenever I listened to Weightless I remembered "Maybe its not my weekend but its going to be my year".




By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North
College has been a time of growth and change for me. Part of that growth and change has been my spiritual life. I wouldn't say my relationship with God is as strong as it was before I started college. However, I feel like it is more real, raw and relevant. This song has helped remind me that no matter what the situation or how I might be feeling that God is always there. Also Daniel, Chase, and I went and saw them sing after a Hickory Crawdad's game. It was raining but they played in the parking lot under a shelter and it was just amazing to see God's power and glory even if the situation wasn't ideal.
"Why are you looking for love? Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough?" Those lines really ring true for not only my time in college but also before.




Wagon Wheel by Old Crowe Medicine Show
I know this song has been out a while but I never heard it until I came to college. I have heard it over and over again at so many different events. From Relay for Life when one of the Mr. Relay contestants sang it, to random nights driving around town. One time that sticks out the most was when I went to Germany with TF. We were in the basement of the college of Stendal listening to some of the German students singing. We had just finished a wonderful dinner and were enjoying some beers. Us American students decided to sing for the Germans and the only song we could think that just represented North Carolina the best was Wagon Wheel. It was just an amazing time. "I'm headed down south to the land of the pine. Thumbing my way into North Caroline..."

These are just a few of my favorite songs from my time in college... the list is so much longer!
What songs hold special memories for you?

1 comments:

  1. Even though i dont usual like to comment, sometimes i know i should. This is one of those times, cheers for your wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Well Hello there! Let's continue the conversation...